The new Church Centre, connected to the main church building by a glazed lobby, provides meeting space, facilities for the youth group and Sunday School, toilets, kitchen and office.
The building was designed to reflect the style of the church construction and its facilities are fully accessible.
The view from the veranda is across Crown Estates parkland towards Bagshot
The building was made possible through a legacy left to the Church by Marjorie Pike. Developing a set of plans that fitted the Church's needs and budget, and met the planning conditions imposed by the local authority, proved to be a long drawn out process. Construction took about a year and the centre was formally opened by the Bishop of Guildford in June 2006.
As well as serving the Church's youth work, the Centre is proving its value in other aspects of the Church's outreach including an expansion of interest groups and the provision of an ideal venue for family receptions associated with such events as baptisms, weddings, funerals, and re-affirmation of marriage vows. Contact the Church Office if you are interested in arranging such an event.
The kitchen is to a first class domestic standard, has serving hatch access to the main hall, and is provided with a full range of crockery and cutlery.
It has proved itself to be eminently suitable for serving functions as diverse
as coffee after Church services, refreshments for Baptism receptions and
hot meals for the Church's Men's Group.
The new Church Centre is distinct from the Parish Hall which was built in 1925 and is some distance from the Church. The Parish Hall is used by many village organisations and is available for hire for private and commercial functions.
Data provided only for personal background information. While every effort has been made to provide correct information no assurance as to its accuracy is given or implied.