The Bagshot Society's constitution
Approval of a revised constitution for the society will be sought at the AGM in September 2019.
current constitution was written on the assumption that the Society
would register as a charity and describes it as such. The Society
did not apply for charity registration, and this is no longer being
Summary of the proposed changes:
- All instances of the word 'charity' are replaced with 'society' where the context permits, and where not alternative wording is used.
- Text about Trustees is removed. Charities may be required to have Trustees but the we do not. References to the roles (etc) of 'trustees' is changed to 'officers', or in a few instances 'committee'.
- Revision to clause 4(3) allow us to co-operate with organisations that are not charities but which have comparable purposes to our own.
- Clause 7(1) has been bulletised and its heading changed to avoid potential ambiguity between committee meetings and members meetings.
- A revision to clause 8(4) allows flexibility should cheque signatories not be available.
- Clause 9(1) addresses what to do with residual funds if the Society is wound up. The proposed revision would allow funds to be given to the Poors Allotment Charity.
- Clauses 9(2) and (3) contained redundant text which has been taken out.
The Bagshot Society's main web page is here.
This page is part of the Bagshot village web site.
Data provided only for personal background information. While every effort has been made to provide correct information no assurance as to its accuracy is given or implied. Check any facts you wish to rely upon.