Thomas Parnaby and his descendants
These are some of the people I know about who are now deceased. The data I have includes some more information about them, and about some of their descendants who are still living.
If you are related to, or have knowledge of any of these people, their descendants, or their predecessors, I would love to hear from you.
Thomas Parnaby (b abt 1806/7 in Ainderby Steeple, Yorkshire (about 3 mile west of Northallerton), and probably died 1872 . He was the son of George Parnaby, a labourer. Thomas was a groom and lived all his life in Gilling, Yorkshire.
Thomas married Hannah Shaw (b 1812 Gilling, Yorkshire - d 1854 ) in 1833 in St Agatha Church, Gilling. Thomas and Hannah had nine children, all born in Gilling.
- John Parnaby b abt 1834/5
- Jane Parnaby b abt 1837/8 (Jaive on some transcription)
- Thomas Parnaby b abt 1839/40
- Mary Parnaby b abt 1841/42
- Robert Parnaby b abt 18434/4
- Hannah Parnaby b abt 1845/46
- Frances Parnaby (1849-1849)
- Elizabeth Shaw Parnaby b abt 1849
- William Shaw Parnaby b 1851
After Hannah's death Thomas married Eleanor (or Ellen) Nattress (or Nattrass) in 1860 at St Agatha Church, Gilling.
This Gilling is just north of Richmond, Yorkshire, and is now known as Gilling West. Gilling East is about 40 miles away.
At the 1881 census there were less than 350 people with the surname Parnaby. Nearly all lived in County Durham or Yorkshire. http://forebears.co.uk/surnames/parnaby